March Madness starts here in Asheville
Things to do in Downtown Asheville In Between Your SoCon Games
March Madness Comes to Asheville
(and Mountain Made!)
Spring is just around the corner and after this winter we are all ready for warmer weather, no masks, and BASKETBALL!
If you are coming to the Southern Conference Basketball Championships (SoCon), eventually you will have a break in the games of your favorite team.
There’s no better time to visit Mountain Made Gallery (just a 4 min walk from Harrah’s, inside the Grove Arcade) and browse one of the best selections of local artwork in Western North Carolina.
Mountain Made – A downtown Asheville Art Gallery
“Come take a piece of the mountains home with you!”
Mountain Made has new artwork arriving every week – in such categories as:
- Handcrafted artisan jewelry, & beadwork
- Fine ceramic art and hand-thrown pottery,
- Hand-sewn quilted wall hangings
- Gourd art & woven baskets,
- Hand-turned bowls & wooden accent pieces,
- Original wall art and paintings,
- Whimsical metal garden art,
- Blown glass goblets and pitchers, plus fused & stained glass art,
- Books and music from our local authors and musicians
Any of our local pieces would make a great gift for that special someone who couldn’t come to SoCon or as a wonderful inspiration for anyone who is participating in the Championships.
We invite you to check out our local arts and crafts for yourself…
Wood Desk Accessories for Either Home or Office
Handblown Glass Decor Pieces
Locally Made Soaps – “One of Asheville’s Most Affordable Luxuries”
Hand-thrown Pottery – “A Wonderful Gift Idea for Anyone”
We invite you to come by Mountain Made, a contemporary local arts and crafts gallery in downtown Asheville, NC.